List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1383251

Location

THE MANOR HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
ShropshireUnitary AuthorityChurch Stretton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 483669

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH STRETTON

SO4491 LITTLE STRETTON 1312-1/14/102 The Manor House 04/07/52

GV II*

Farmhouse now house. C15 with C17 left-hand wing and later additions, heavily restored C20. Painted timber frame with painted rendered infill panels on rubble plinth, brick additions. Plain-tile roofs. 2 projecting stone eaves stacks, 3 later brick ridge chimneys, all with restored profiled brick shafts. Elongated H-shape plan consisting of long main range with cross wings at each end. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. West front is a long restored range of close-studded framing with three 3-light casements flanking central 2-light casement over C18 panelled pilastered doorcase with moulded pediment; advanced gabled bays at each end with restored close studding, jettied tie beams, single 3-light casement at each storey. Right return side: gable-end rebuilt in brick and partly covered by adjoining Courtyard Cottage (qv). Left return side: projecting stone chimney with tall brick stack, restored full-height close-studded framing with girding beam and upper storey middle rail. Rear: advanced central paired gables and gabled bays at each end all with heavily restored close-studded framing and restored casements with leaded lights. Right-hand gable truss with square framing 4 panels high, cambered tie beam with vertical struts and collar. INTERIOR: contains 3-bay cruck hall-house. Jacobean staircase and good early cast-iron grate in ground-floor room to right of entrance.





Listing NGR: SO4435091831

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 44350 91831

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2014 at 07:16:26.