List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LAMB PUBLIC HOUSE

List entry Number: 1379276

Location

LAMB PUBLIC HOUSE, 94, LAMBS CONDUIT STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Greater London AuthorityCamdenLondon Borough

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Aug-1973

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 478644

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ3082SE LAMB'S CONDUIT STREET 798-1/96/1010 (East side) 02/08/73 No.94 Lamb Public House

GV II

Public house. First mentioned in 1731 but front of building probably mid or late-Georgian or later. Yellow stock brick, slate roof. 4 storeys and cellars. 4 windows wide with splayed angle at north end bearing parish boundary marker dated 1831. Upper storeys Georgian, ground-storey in form of pub front basically Victorian but with Edwardian faience tiling added in two shades of green. Painted fascia with the legends 'The Lamb' and 'Wine and Spirit Establishment'. Good hanging iron lamp bracket with lantern attached at first-floor level. Rear much extended. INTERIOR of pub with match-board walls and ceiling. One main area with fixed seating round perimeter and U-shaped bar in centre retaining snob screens with moveable glass panels and engaged with 4 thin cast-iron columns having palmette capitals. 2 similar columns behind front help support upper portions of front. Staircase at rear of building part of 1958 refurbishment of public house, when partitions formerly dividing the front area into two private bars were removed. The lobby partitions were inserted at this time. What remains is an exceptional piece of `Victoriana', where the real late C19 interior was enhanced by the restoration. Some snob screens are original, others part of this restoration. Partitioned area at rear of right-hand bar with late C19 partitions; this was originally the pub's office.







Listing NGR: TQ3061282134

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 30593 82142

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2014 at 01:20:15.