List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF MIDDLETON HALL

List entry Number: 1365197

Location

HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH EAST OF MIDDLETON HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
WarwickshireNorth WarwickshireDistrict AuthorityMiddleton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 309399

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MIDDLETON MIDDLETON PARK SP19NE 2/85 House approx. 50m NE of Middleton Hall GV II* House, latterly farmbuildings. Circa 1600. Timber framed with brick infill panels, on sandstone plinth; plain tile roof; sandstone external lateral stack to rear. T-shaped plan: 4-bay main range aligned north-south facing west with 2-bay cross-wing at the north end. 2 storeys: 4 tiers of square panels with straight braces to the cross-wing and curved braces to the main range. 1:5 window front. Gabled cross-wing to the left with ground storey double leaf door and blocked first floor doorway to left of centre. Tie-beam-and-double-collar roof truss with V-struts above the upper collar and vertical struts below both collars. The main range has a 2-storey gabled porch to right of centre with collar-and-tie-beam roof truss incorporating V-struts above the collar; doorway and first floor window are boarded up. Inserted 3-centred brick carriage arch to the left, leading to the farmyard. Early C19 window to first floor centre with 4 round-headed lights and raised keys, chamfered mullion windows to left and right. Exposed tie-beam-and-double-collar roof truss to right hand gable end with V-struts above the upper collar. Interior: large open fireplace to ground storey; chamfered and stopped ceiling beams; roof trusses carry 2 pairs of purlins and there are wind braces to the upper pair. (VCH: Warwickshire: Vol IV: 1965, p156)

Listing NGR: SP1930698162

Selected Sources

  1. Book  Reference - Author: Doubleday, AH and Page, W - Title: The Victoria History of the County of Warwick - Date: 1947 - Volume: 4 - Page References: 156

National Grid Reference: SP 19306 98162

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 03-Sep-2014 at 12:58:30.