List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COUNTY PRIMARY SCHOOL AND SCHOOL MASTER'S HOUSE

List entry Number: 1360357

Location

COUNTY PRIMARY SCHOOL AND SCHOOL MASTER'S HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireSouth KestevenDistrict AuthorityWoolsthorpe By Belvoir

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 193424

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOLSTHORPE BY BELVOIR VILLAGE STREET SK 83 SW (west side) 2/182 County Primary School and School- master's House G.V. II Infants School and Schoolmaster's house. 1871, enlarged 1894. Rockfaced ironstone ashlar with limestone ashlar quoins and dressings, stone coped slate roofs with kneelers and lead ball finials. 2 ridge and single wall stacks, with diagonally set paired ashlar stacks with deeply moulded cornices. 2 ridge ventilator turrets with pyramidal roofs and lead dressings. Single storey with attics, 8 bay front, the left hand bay and second bay from right are advanced and separately gabled, stone dentillated eaves. To the right a half glazed door with cornice, in the advanced bay to the left, a large canted bay window with a 3 light window over and a gable slot. Beyond to the left a pair of 3 light mullioned and transomed casements with cornices, a pair of tall through eaves and separately gabled 3 light transomed windows with central 3 light window with cornice. In the left hand advanced bay a doorway with above a plaque inscribed "Erected AD 1871, enlarged 1894" and above a slot to the gable.

Listing NGR: SK8371133917

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK8371133917

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2014 at 04:20:36.