List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1359952

Location

OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityWithcall

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 195303

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WITHCALL CHURCH LANE TF 28 SE 10/51 Old Rectory G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. c.1850 by S. S. Teulon, for Hon. & Rev. A. H. Gore, altered 1869 by James Fowler of Louth. Red/yellow brick and red brick, with ashlar dressings, having slate roofs with raised stone coped gables, single gable and ridge stacks. Parallel ranges. 2 storey plus attics, 3 bay front with plinth and dentillated eaves course. Central slightly advanced and gabled bay has a 2 storey canted bay glazing bar sash window, and is flanked by single rectangular tripartite bay windows with hipped slate roofs having lead dressings. To first floor the canted bay is flanked by single glazing bar sashes. All windows have flat brick arches with keyblocks. To attics a central glazing bar sash to gable is flanked by triangular headed glazing bar sash dormers with figured bargeboards. The right hand bay is in red brick and an addition of 1869. To the left hand side front is a semi-circular headed glazed door with keyblock with to right a similar window and beyond a Teulon fireplace window with moulded rectangular surround. To first floor a small oriel with elaborate rectangular brick surround, and coped base with decorative brick brackets. Teulon's original plans show that the 1869 extension was planned as a position for a future dining room and that the fireplace window must have been added during construction. Source: MGA plans, Lincoln Archives.

Listing NGR: TF2841984151

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 28419 84151

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Jul-2014 at 03:59:46.