List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PAUL

List entry Number: 1359721

Location

CHURCH OF ST PAUL, NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityCarrington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196216

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 35 NW CARRINGTON NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD Carrington (east side)

4/3 Church of St. Paul 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1816, probably by Jeptha Pacey, 1872. Red brick with yellow brick dressings to chancel, painted ashlar dressings. Slate roofs. Wide eaves overhang being bracketed to the nave and forming open pediments at the east and west ends. Chancel with dogtooth eaves. Pilaster strips to the nave, defining the bays. Nave, north vestry, and chancel. West nave with wooden octagonal cupola each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice decorated with orbs, domed lead roof. West nave with pointed arched doorway, door with blind cusped tracery. Over is a painted band with single painted rectangular plaque above inscribed '1816'. North nave of 3 bays each bay with single pointed arched sash with wooden Y tracery. To the left is the vestry with pointed arched doorway and single fixed light to the left. Projecting from the north wall of the 1872 chancel is a lean-to. Canted east chancel with 3 pointed arched lights. The south chancel with single similar light. East nave with evidence of a former band. The south nave corresponds to the north. Interior. Inner porch with doorway with panelled door leading to the gallery. Panelled west gallery with cast iron Royal arms. Doorway with double doors under flanked by single fixed lights with pointed arched glazing bars. Nave with panelled dado. Moulded brick chancel arch with painted imposts, hood mould and decorative label stops. Archway to vestry. Panelled pulpit. This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.

Listing NGR: TF3114155241

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 31141 55241

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Oct-2014 at 01:26:34.