List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DURHAM'S FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1330958

Location

DURHAM'S FARMHOUSE, 31, BUTCHERS HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
CambridgeshireSouth CambridgeshireDistrict AuthorityIckleton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53029

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4843 ICKLETON BUTCHER'S HILL (North side) 21/219 No. 31 (Durham's Farmhouse) GV II Farmhouse, now a house. Late C16 with C17 or later additions, C19 and C20 alterations. Timber-framed and plastered and with roughcast render, brick and flint replacement wall. Roofs of two levels plain tiled. Gable end stack to right hand and rectangular planned ridge stack to left of centre. Two storeys; original three unit plan with rear outshut. Main entrance to left hand with C20 six-panelled door, two ground floor three-light casement windows and two first floor horizontal sliding sash windows. Some pargetting in rear elevation; flint and brick west wall. Interior: Few exposed timbers, open hearth. Durham's given by King John to Canon's of West Dereham Norfolk, was one of four manors in Ickleton that descended together from 1538 (VCH); the farmhouse was sold in 1971. RCHM Report 1949 VCH. Vol VI pp231, 233, 234

Listing NGR: TL4940543962

Selected Sources

  1. Book  Reference - Author: Salzman, L F - Title: The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely - Date: 1978 - Volume: 6 - Page References: 231-234

National Grid Reference: TL 49405 43962

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2014 at 09:26:23.