List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1330190

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MAIN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Cheshire EastUnitary AuthorityWeston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Sep-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 57134

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 75 SW 2/56

WESTON C.P. MAIN ROAD Church of All Saints

GV II Church. c1840 with chancel of 1893. Red Flemish bond brick with ashlar dressings and roof of fishscale tiles. Nave, north-eastern vestry and chancel. Nave: Western front: Central gabled porch to lower body with ashlar kneelers and coping. Central printed arch with double-chamfered rebate and hood mould above with floral label stops. Ashlar projecting panel to top of gable surmounted by a cross. Above this and resting upon a string course is a triple lancet window with hood mould and label stops projecting into the gable. To either corner are square buttressing pieces dying via ashlar broaches to octagonal upper bodies. Ashlar roundel to upper gable (probably formerly a clock face). Bell turret to top of gable. South front: ashlar plinth and ashlar panel above upon which sit four lancets with chamfered reveals and ashlar hood moulds with rudimentary label stops. To either corner are the square buttresses dying to octagonal upper bodies. The Northern facade is similar save for the vestry at left. Chancel: apsidal with 5 windows, the central one surmounted by a gablet. All the windows have Ruabon brick quoins and are surmounted by a parapet of similar brick. Interior: Plastered walls to the nave with exposed brown and yellow brick to the chancel. The chancel windows are late work by Morris and Co. The central three of 1924 showing Christ crucified flanked by the Virgin Mary at left and St John at right. Flanking these are two windows of 1928 showing St Peter and St Paul at left and right respectively.

Listing NGR: SJ7326952232

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 73269 52232

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Oct-2014 at 05:38:32.