List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1310234

Location

THE OLD RECTORY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
North East LincolnshireUnitary AuthorityIrby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 164402

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 10 SE IRBY UPON HUMBER

5/36 The Old Rectory 4.1.67

- II

Rectory, now house. Mid C18 east range with later C18 - early C19 west wing forming Garden Front; alterations of 1794 for Rev George Holiwell. Internal alterations and additions to east wing of 1883 by James Fowler of Louth. Early C20 porch, bay windows of c1960. Squared chalk with brick dressings, stack and gable end to east section, brick to later sections; whitewashed throughout. Pantile roofs. L-shaped on plan: 2-room central entrance west Garden Front; much altered east wing has single room with later entrance hall to left, entrance and single room extension to right and continuous rear outshut. West front: 3 storeys, 3 bays; symmetrical. C20 glazed door beneath round-headed brick arch flanked by flat-roofed brick bay windows. 12-pane first floor flush sashes, unequal 9-pane first floor flush sashes, unequal 9-pane 2nd floor flush sashes, all with C20 tile cills. Stepped brick eaves. Stone-coped gables. End stacks. East wing, south front: 3 storeys, 3 first floor windows with single-storey and attic, single-bay section to right. Entrance to right has doorcase (re-set from west front in 1883) with panelled pilasters supporting gabled hood; 6-panelled door (top 2 panels glazed) and radial fanlight in beaded-panel arched reveal. Tripartite sash to left with glazing bars in flush wooden architrave; similar sash in extension to right. C20 flat-roofed porch to left angle. 12-pane first floor sashes in flush wooden architraves with stucco cills. Unequal 9-pane 2nd floor sashes in similar surrounds. Stepped brick eaves, stone-coped gable. End stack. Extension to right has tumbled brick gable with stone coping, and projecting end stack flanked by 6-pane attic sashes. Interior contains section of late C18 - early C19 staircase to first floor with column-on-vase balusters; panelled doors in architraves.

Listing NGR: TA1959504928

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TA 19598 04928

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jul-2014 at 06:17:23.