List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1307173

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER, CARRINGTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityFrithville and Westville

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196232

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 35 SW FRITHVILLE CARRINGTON ROAD Mount Pleasant (east side)

7/19 Church of St. Peter 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1821. Probably by Jeptha Pacey. Red and yellow brick, painted ashlar dressings. Slate roof with wide eaves overhang. Moulded cornice forming open pediments in the gables. Clasping pilaster strips, further pilaster strips defining the bays of the north and south sides. Shallow plinth. Nave and chancel under the same roof. West end with hexagonal wooden cupola, each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice decorated with orbs, domed lead roof topped with single cross. West wall with painted first floor band. Pointed arched doorway with plank double door. Over the band is a painted plaque inscribed '1821', small circular opening above. The north wall of 3 bays each bay with single pointed arched tripartite lead glazing bar casement. Continuous impost band broken by the pilasters. Under each window is a single flush panel of narrow brick strips. The east wall has a single similar casement with continuous impost band. In the gable apex is a single small circular opening. The south wall corresponds to the north, however on the far left is a single small lead glazing bar casement. Interior. Inner porch formed by west gallery, doorway with panelled double doors through to the nave. Panelled gallery with moulded pilasters. Under, to the south, is a doorway with panelled door and to the north a glazing bar fixed light. C19 and C20 furnishings, hatchment. Porch with 2 doorways with panelled doors, one leading to the gallery stairs. This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.

Listing NGR: TF3157050781

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 31570 50781

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2012. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100019088.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2012. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Apr-2014 at 06:59:46.