List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1278683

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Cheshire West and ChesterUnitary AuthorityHarthill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-Mar-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 405150

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 55 NW HARTHILL C.P. CHURCH LANE (North Side)

6/76 Church of All Saints.

1/3/1967

GV II*

Church: dated 1609, bell turret dated 1862 when church restored and vestry added. Ashlar red and buff sandstone, Welsh slate roof, stone ridge. 5-bay nave and chancel in one range. South porch and vestry. Gabled porch has shouldered 4-centred arched entrance with inscription. RONDVLL PRICKET CHURCHWARDEN EVER SINCE 1606 UNTILL 1611 Nave bays divided by weak buttresses have rectangular mullioned windows with round-headed lights. Blocked priest's door in right end bay. East window is a 6-light mullioned and transomed window with round-headed lights, under weak label mould. West end has 2, 2-light Victorian windows and an open octagonal bell turret on the ridge with tall pyramidal stone roof. Interior: simple with hammerbeam roof with carved brackets with heraldic bosses. Simple chancel screen on 6 wooden piers has inscription "This church as builded upon the Devoc'on of the Cuntrye, by the labor and travell of Ed. Tanat, Jo. Dodd, Tho Buckley, Gra. Weston P aº 1609" but the beam on which it is painted is strictly classical in style.

Listing NGR: SJ5007155290

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 50071 55290

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2014 at 11:20:39.