List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1267241

Location

OLD CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityGreat Steeping

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 419340

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT STEEPING CHURCH LANE TF 46 SW (south side) 3/51 Old Church of All Saints

II*

Parish church, now redundant. 1748 on medieval base, restored 1908. Red brick with limestone ashlar dressings, greenstone rubble. Plain tiled roof with stone coped gables; parapet with ashlar band and weatherboarded rectangular west bellcote of 1908 with rectangular slatted openings on each side and small pyramidal roof. Nave and chancel under single roof, west bellcote. Medieval greenstone rubble plinth with moulded ashlar string course. West end with central doorway with moulded architrave, raised keystone and fielded panelled door. Stone set above inscribed with the date of erection: 1748, and date of restoration: 1908. Flat ashlar band and pediment above. North side with 2 semi-circular headed windows with moulded architraves and raised keystones. East end with segmental headed greenstone blocked opening with ashlar dressed narrow semi-circular headed window of 1908 with raised keystone. Gable outline of demolished chancel above. South side with 2 semi-circular headed windows with moulded architrave and raised keystones. Sundial at inbetween. Dismantled C19 furnishings inside with broken up sections of dado, pulpit, pews, etc.

Listing NGR: TF4347663943

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 43476 63943

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Oct-2014 at 03:00:06.