List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLE BLOCK WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, WALLS AND GATEWAY AT NAVIGATION HOUSE

List entry Number: 1261148

Location

STABLE BLOCK WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, WALLS AND GATEWAY AT NAVIGATION HOUSE, 29, NAVIGATION ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Cheshire West and ChesterUnitary AuthorityNorthwich

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1992

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 438313

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 67 SE NORTHWICH NAVIGATION ROAD

1635-5/10002 No 29 Stable Block with attached outbuildings, walls and gateway at Navigation House

GV II

Stable block to Navigation House. Built for Weaver Navigation trust. 1856. Cheshire common bricks. Slate roof with single stack on rear wall. Dentilled eaves cornice. 1½ storeys; cart store and stable with hayloft above. 2 bays. Large off-centre vehicle entrance with cambered arch and cobbled area leading to large doorway with plank doors to cart store and smaller doorway with plank door to stable. Above, a circular pitching hole. To left, a rectangular stone plaque with chamfered corners, inscribed with date 1856. To left again, on ground storey, an original glazing bar casement with cambered arch. Above, an original glazing bar sliding sash with flat head interrupting cornice. Adjoining E. gable is an open coal store with ramped wall with sandstone coping and a wash-house with plank door and glazing bar casement. Adjoining W. gable is a smaller lean-to. brick walls attached to stable block run E. to link Navigation House and W. to return S. and form gateway to yard, with double wooden plank gates and attached plank doorway. A little altered stable block forming a rear and complete group with Navigation House and having group value with former Weaver Navigation Office and Clock Tower, q.v.

Listing NGR: SJ6559073375

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 65590 73375

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jul-2014 at 02:42:32.