List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBERS 6 TO 27 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS AND LAMP HOLDERS

List entry Number: 1246374

Location

NUMBERS 6 TO 27 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS AND LAMP HOLDERS, 6-27, GROVE TERRACE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Greater London AuthorityCamdenLondon Borough

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 477913

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2886SW GROVE TERRACE 798-1/20/714 Nos.6-27 (Consecutive) 10/06/54 and attached railings and lamp-holders

GV II*

Terrace of 22 houses. Nos 6-14, c1793 built by R Cook; Nos 14-17, c1793; Nos 18-27, c1780 built by J Cheeke. Yellow stock and brown brick. Nos 19-22, rusticated stucco ground floors. Most with slate mansard roofs and dormers. 3 storeys and attics, No.14, 3 storeys. 2 windows each except Nos 14, 21 & 22, 3 windows; Nos 27, 4 windows. Most with wooden doorcases carrying simplified entablatures with Doric columns, panelled reveals, some with open pediments and arched fanlights. Most have radial fanlights and panelled doors. No.15, plain doorway with gauged brick head; No.21 entrance in side portico. Gauged brick flat arches to recessed sashes (mostly), 1st floors with cast-iron balconies except Nos 9-11 & 13. No.21 has cast-iron verandah to 1st floor with tented hood; Nos 22 & 24, blind boxes to 1st floor. Parapets with brick bands below (No.14, no bands). Nos 6-13, original lead rainwater heads. INTERIORS: not inspected but noted to be original and good, especially Nos 14 and 27. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings with urn finials to areas; Nos 7-9, 11, 13 & 27 with overthrow lamp-holders. (Survey of London: Vol. XIX, Old St Pancras and Kentish Town, St Pancras II: London: -1938: 36, 63-69).





Listing NGR: TQ2852185996

Selected Sources

  1. Article  Reference - Title: Old St Pancras and Kentish Town The Parish of St Pancras Part 2: Volume 19 - Date: 1938 - Journal Title: Survey of London - Page References: 63-69

National Grid Reference: TQ 28521 85996

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Oct-2014 at 05:35:03.