List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBERS 4 (THE PASTORS HOUSE) AND 5 (ST KATHERINES HALL) AND ATTACHED SCREEN WALLS

List entry Number: 1245869

Location

NUMBERS 4 (THE PASTORS HOUSE) AND 5 (ST KATHERINES HALL) AND ATTACHED SCREEN WALLS, 4 AND 5, ST KATHERINES PRECINCT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Greater London AuthorityCamdenLondon Borough

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 14-May-1974

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 477944

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2883SE ST KATHARINE'S PRECINCT 798-1/82/1514 Nos.4 AND 5 14/05/74 and attached screen walls. The Pastor's House (4), St Katharine's Hall (5) (Formerly Listed as: ST KATHARINE'S PRECINCT The Danish Church, No.4 (The Pastor's House), No.5 (St Katherine's Hall))

GV II*

Pastor's house and hall flanking and attached to the Danish Church (qv). 1826-1828. By Ambrose Poynter. Grey stock brick with stone dressings. 2 storeys and basements. Similar gabled west facades; moulded, pointed doorways with hoodmoulds, 1st floor sill band and 2-light traceried window with hoodmould centrally above each door. Stone string above following line of gable end. Buttresses on north and south elevations with pinnacles. INTERIORS: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached arcaded screen walls to north and south elevations linking them to former domestic collegiate buildings on the north and south of the precinct, Nos 1-3 and 6-9 (qv). (Survey of London: Vol. XIX, Old St Pancras and Kentish Town, St Pancras II: London: -1938: 101-115).







Listing NGR: TQ2864083287

Selected Sources

  1. Article  Reference - Title: Old St Pancras and Kentish Town The Parish of St Pancras Part 2: Volume 19 - Date: 1938 - Journal Title: Survey of London - Page References: 101-115

National Grid Reference: TQ 28646 83270

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 03-Sep-2014 at 12:57:34.