List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER BREWHOUSE TO BELTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1235604

Location

FORMER BREWHOUSE TO BELTON HOUSE, BELTON PARK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireSouth KestevenDistrict AuthorityBelton and Manthorpe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1979

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Nov-1994

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 382846

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BELTON & MANTHORPE SK9239 BELTON PARK, Belton 1315-0/8/73 (North West side) 21/09/79 Former Brewhouse to Belton House (Formerly Listed as: BELTON PARK, Belton Former Brewhouse approx 30m WNW of Belton House) GV II*

Former brewhouse, now a gift shop. 1820, by Jeffry Wyatville, with later C19 and C20 alterations. Ashlar with gabled and hipped slate roofs. Central block has 2 coped ashlar gable stacks and a similar off-centre ridge stack. 2 storey central block flanked by single storey wings. 3 : 5 : 3 bays. Slightly projecting central block has coped gables with kneelers and ball finials. 5 tall round arched bays with 2-light windows on each floor. Wings have modillion eaves and square corner piers with ball finials. Left wing has a semicircular blank flanked by Diocletian windows, the left one shuttered, all with keystones and sill band. Right wing, converted to a coach house, has 3 round arched cart openings with panelled double doors, keystones and imposts. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N, Harris J & Antram N: Lincolnshire: London: 1964-1989: 139).

Listing NGR: SK9286239360

Selected Sources

  1. Unpublished Title  Reference - Title: Part 27 Lincolnshire - Journal Title: Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England
  2. Book  Reference - Author: Pevsner, N and Harris, J and Antram, N - Title: The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire - Date: 1989 - Page References: 139

National Grid Reference: SK 92862 39360

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Aug-2014 at 07:14:52.