List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1214792

Location

THE OLD VICARAGE, HOWE LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
North LincolnshireUnitary AuthorityGoxhill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1985

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Oct-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 165832

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 1021-1121 GOXHILL HOWE LANE (north side)

16/33 The Old Vicarage

GV II

Vicarage, now house. 1760 with alterations and additions of 1872-3 by James Fowler of Louth. Brick, with front in Flemish bond. Pantile roof. Original section has 2-room central entrance hall plan with extension to rear. 2 storeys, 5 first floor windows. Early C19 doorcase with reeded pilasters and frieze, consoles with floral ornament supporting cornice and hood; original 6-fielded-panel door and overlight with geometric glazing in reveal. Single blocked segmental-arched window (now recessed panels) and inserted C19 French window with margin lights to either side. 3-course brick first floor band. 16-pane first floor sashes in flush wooden architraves under segmental arches. Stepped and cogged brick eaves cornice. Brick coped and tumbled gables with end stacks. Gable ends have two segmental-arched blind panels to each floor. Interior largely altered in C19; paper found behind original door architrave inscribed 1760.

Listing NGR: TA1046821496

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TA 10468 21496

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jul-2014 at 12:01:59.