List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE RECTORY

List entry Number: 1204980

Location

THE RECTORY, BONTHORPE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityWilloughby with Sloothby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196060

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 47 SE WILLOUGHBY WITH BONTHORPE ROAD SLOOTHBY (south east side)

1/59 The Rectory

G.V. II

Rectory. Mid C18 with early C19 alterations, extension and alterations by Bejamin Broadbent in 1856 and James Fowler 1875. Red brick in Flemish bond, Farlesthorpe yellow brick, slate roof. Single axial brick stack with moulded top. 2 storey with garret, 3 bay front having plinth and eaves band, central panelled door with plain fanlight in Cl9 Farlesthorpe brick added porch with flat roof. To left a canted bay window with hipped slate roof, also in yellow brick and to right a blank C18 window opening. To first floor are 2 similar openings and a glazing bar sash, all with segmental brick heads. To left side a fixed glazing bar early C19 stair window in a slightly projecting bay has a semi- circular head. The right hand side front has a C18 canted 2 storey bay window with plain sashes, and the 1856 yellow brick addition has a matching bay. Interior retains early Cl9 stick baluster stair with carved string, and some C18 door joinery. A large moat surrounds the Rectory.

Listing NGR: TF4731971869

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 47319 71869

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jul-2014 at 03:33:38.