List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List entry Number: 1204902

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityFarlesthorpe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196019

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 47 SE FARLESTHORPE MAIN STREET (south side)

1/18 Church of St. Andrew 3.2.67 II

Parish church. c.1800, restored 1881, chancel rebuilt 1912, 1953 restoration. Farlesthorpe yellow brick, red brick, ashlar dressings, slate roof. Nave with bellcote, west porch, facetted chancel. Added c.1912 gabled red brick porch with ashlar kneelers and dentillated eaves course. Pointed doorway, double planked doors. Broad 6 panelled inner door of c.1800. Above the porch a plaque recording the restoration of 1953, the date of the single bellcote to the gable. Nave side walls have brick dentillated eaves, and on the north is a single and on south 2 semi-circular headed windows with ashlar key and impost blocks. Mid C19 facetted chancel having 3 chamfered lancets. Interior. The westerly part of the side walls and the west wall are of coursed squared greenstone rubble, apparently from an earlier building. Chamfered and pointed C19 chancel arch. All fittings are Cl9, apart from the C15 octagonal font with plain stem, quatrefoils with rosettes to the sides of the bowl.

Listing NGR: TF4753274024

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 47532 74024

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Oct-2014 at 12:55:19.