List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAPEL AT CARLETT PARK TECHNICAL COLLEGE

List entry Number: 1184843

Location

CHAPEL AT CARLETT PARK TECHNICAL COLLEGE, NEW CHESTER ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
WirralMetropolitan Authority

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 215492

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BEBINGTON NEW CHESTER ROAD SJ 38 SE (east side) Eastham 7/165 Chapel at Carlett Park Technical College

G.V. II

Chapel to house. c.1887. By John Douglas. Snecked stone with lighter bands, slate roof. Single-vessel nave and chancel with small north transept with small extension under cat slide roof. Sill course and continuous hood mould; coped gables. East window has hood mould with angel stops, and 3 cusped lancets. South facade has 3 lancets and 2 pairs of lancets to chancel, the 2nd pair shorter, with quatrefoil in hood. North facade has 2 lancets, and one to transept. West end has 2-light traceried window, canted north angle has entrance with canopied niche containing figure of Good Shephered, angel corbels and octagonal bell turret, straight-headed windows and short spire. South west angle reconstructed when house demolished. Interior has boarded waggon roof, with ribs and bosses to sanctuary, 2- bay blind arcade to north. Inscription on south wall records retreats 1912 to 1916. Piscina has trefoil head with shelf and cupboard over. East window has flanking Mosaic panels in pointed recesses. C20 timber screen at west end. West hall has corbelled door to turret and inscription recording building of chapel. Good stained glass windows by E. Frampton and Kempe.

Listing NGR: SJ3619681106

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 36196 81106

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2014 at 11:14:10.