List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1168219

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireNorth KestevenDistrict AuthorityStapleford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Aug-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 192430

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAPLEFORD CHURCH LANE SK 85 NE 3/78 Church of All Saints 23.8.67 GV II

Parish church. C11, C13, C14, 1770 restored 1903-4. Coursed rubble and brick with ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs. Chamfered plinth, ashlar quoins. Brick coped gable with kneelers and dentilated eaves. Coursed rubble west tower, with nave and chancel under single roof, rebuilt in brick 1770. Tower, west front has doorway, segment brick head and plank door. Above a 2-light flat headed C14 window with plaque over inscribed 'T W'?, then 3 heads from label stops buried in masonary. Above again another C14 window with over 4 C13 polygonal shafts buried in masonary. The north front has a single 2-light flush mullion window. The. tower is topped by a pyramidal roof of 1904. The nave north wall has 2 tall pointed windows in flush brick surrounds with wooden cross mullions. The chancel north, east and south walls have each a single round headed window with moulded ashlar surrounds, impost blocks and keystones, that to east has lower half blocked. There is a round headed blocked doorway to south in a similar surround. The south nave wall has 2 pointed windows similar to those on north, each with 2 oval slate wall tablets to right. Interior has C11 pillar piscina with zig-zag shaft. Chamfered pointed tower arch on earlier responds. C18 wooden altar rail. Plain C19 pews, pulpit and panel ceiling. Wooden screen, choir stalls and reredos of 1904.

Listing NGR: SK8862357598

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 88623 57598

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2014 at 07:09:41.