List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BAPTIST CHAPEL

List entry Number: 1138523

Location

BAPTIST CHAPEL, SANDY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Cheshire EastUnitary AuthorityAudlem

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 19-May-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 57037

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

AUDLEM C.P. SANDY LANE SJ 64 SE 8/12 Baptist Chapel (formerly listed as Audlem Baptist Chapel) 12-1-67 - II Chapel. Dated 1840. Red Flemish bond brick with slate roof. Single storey. Road front: five bays symmetrically disposed and divided by rendered and painted brick pilasters, with rudimentary capitals. Windows of 5 x 6 panes with round arched tops. Above the central window is a rectangular datestone which reads Baptist/Chapel/A 1840 D. The eastern end has three blank bays divided by brick pilasters which are not rendered. The western end has three bays with rendered pilasters and a central projecting flat roofed porch of later C19 date with central double doors which have flush lower panels and raised and fielded upper panels. To either side are round-arched window openings, each with two round-arched lights and a circular light above. To the left of this is a later baptistry of less height with a 3-bay front divided by brick pilasters and a central flat roofed porch with Tuscan pillars. This baptistry extends along the length of the northern side of the chapel.

Listing NGR: SJ6634143633

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 66341 43633

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Nov-2014 at 01:38:23.