List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1135797

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Bath and North East SomersetUnitary AuthorityDunkerton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1956

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 32683

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 75 NW DUNKERTON C.P. DUNKERTON VILLAGE

3/17 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS 1.2.56 G.V. II*

Anglican Parish Church. C14 and C15 tower, remainder 1859. Ashlar, rubble, freestone dressings, slate roofs. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch. Square, low tower of 3 small stages diagonal weathered buttresses, square north- east one stage stair turret, weathered pitched roof, 3-light west window under hood mould has reticulated tracery, second stage has single light, bell chamber, of ashlar where remainder is rubble, has 2 louvred lights per side, castellated parapets, corner finials. Gabled 3-bay nave has 2 and 3-light straight head Perpendicular windows under hood moulds with lozenge stops, gabled chancel has 3-light pointed east window under hood mould and 2 cusped single lights per side, south porch has a pointed doorway with fleurons. Plain interior has moulded chancel arch with fleurons and colonettes, tower arch rises with engaged columns with scallop capitals to a chamfered arch. Glass by Clayton and Bell. (Source: N. Pevsner: The Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol : 1958).

Listing NGR: ST7112259298

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol, (1958)

National Grid Reference: ST 71122 59298

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2014 at 06:23:14.