List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List entry Number: 1130441

Location

CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
HaltonUnitary Authority

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 56041

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 58 SW FORMER RUNCORN U.D. TRINITY STREET 5/103 Church of the Holy Trinity

GV II

Parish Church 1838 by Joseph Hartley of Runcorn with chancel added 1857. Red Sandstone with slate roof of the Commissioners Lancet type. Rectangular five bay nave with west tower, the later short chancel is narrower and less lofty. The main gothic entrance door, in the tower, is flanked by shafts and surmounted by a label with hall flower stops, above are three lancets with cast iron diamond lattice windows and at bell stage there are paired louvred lancets to three faces. The tower has stop chamfered piers to the quoins,which reduce in size at bell stage, these are topped by pyramid pinnacles and there is a crenellated parapet. The nave has projecting plinth, twice reducing buttresses, between each pair of lancets, and solid eaves parapet. There is stained glass in the treble lancet group of the chancel and the choir windows, all others are cast iron lattice. Interior: Marble reredos, free standing Oak altar with matching rail, choir stalls with poppyheads, Oak-pulpit with stone base. The timber gallery at the West end is supported on round cast iron columns. Roof has 5, three post strutted trusses with cusps, exposed purlins and plastered raking ceiling. Wall mounted stone war memorial.

Listing NGR: SJ5161483058

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 51614 83058

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2012. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100019088.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2012. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Apr-2014 at 01:54:20.