List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1125899

Location

THE MANOR HOUSE, STATION ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
CambridgeshireFenlandDistrict AuthorityWisbech St. Mary

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 23-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48185

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 40 NW WISBECH ST. MARY STATION ROAD 10/91 (East Side)

23.6.52 The Manor House

II*

House with initials T.W. in wrought iron to north gable end and the date 1791 also in wrought iron and in two parts, to south and east gable ends. Local brick, mainly red, with paler brick to front wall. Some English bond to rear, and tuck pointing to front wall. Parapetted roof of Collyweston stone slates with end stacks and tumbled parapet gable ends. T-plan. Two storeys and attics with band at eaves height. Three dormers. Stone sills and cambered arches to range of five recessed hung sashes of twelve panes each. Broken pediment to central round-headed doorway flanked by plain pilasters with entablature. Arch has small raised key block with mask head ornament. Door of six panels, four raised and fielded and two flush. Round-headed fanlight with Gothick glazing bars. Adjoining and flanking the house are shaped and curving forecourt walls with pilaster buttresses. Interior. The butler's pantry has original cupboards flanking the fireplace, the panels with ogee shaped heads. The kitchen also has original cupboards, some with butterfly hinges and others with raised and fielded panelling. Fine staircase of four flights and two landings, open-string with three balusters to each tread, except for attic flight which has only two, moulded and raked rail and square, panelled newels.

Listing NGR: TF4208508817

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 42085 08817

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Jul-2014 at 11:21:16.