List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: No name for this Entry

List entry Number: 1113327

Location

17, LYNDHURST GARDENS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
Greater London AuthorityCamdenLondon Borough

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1998

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 473525

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2685 SE LYNDHURST GARDENS (West side) 798-1/38/1830 No.17

GV II

Detached house. 1889-90, altered 1987-8. By Horace Field. For Russell Scott. Red brick, tile-hanging on upper storey, casement windows partly of stone, partly of timber, with leaded lights. Tiled roofs with overhanging eaves and timber bargeboards. 2 main storeys. Irregular composition in Domestic Revival style, much influenced by Norman Shaw. Main front south-facing, at right-angles to road, with three irregular gables, the central one over round arched entrance with broad 2 panel door with flanking quarter columns and sidelights plus broad fanlight and large projecting shell hood supported on ornate console brackets. Eastern flank towards road has tall chimney and broad shaped gable. Some alterations on this side, notably late C20 fire escape not of special interest. Western front has late C20 addition not of special interest. INTERIOR retains many original features. Entrance passage has built-in porters seat. Entrance hall has original panelling, plasterwork, door surrounds and fireplace. Two arches leading to original staircase with square newels and turned balusters, upper landing has similar balustrade, though now boxed in with fire screens. Main reception room to south-east of hall has two original fireplaces one in an inglenook, door surrounds, connecting archway with sliding double doors, other reception room to east has coving, dado, door surrounds and built-in window seat with chests of draws. Upper floor rooms retain some door surrounds and a fireplace.



Listing NGR: TQ2682985274

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 26829 85274

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2014 at 06:59:43.