List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE

List entry Number: 1100088

Location

CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, COVENTRY STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
WorcestershireWyre ForestDistrict Authority

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 20-Oct-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 156446

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COVENTRY STREET 1. 5250 (north side) Church of St George SO 8376 1/30 20.10.52

II*

2. 1821-4 by Francis Goodwin. Commissioners' church in Perpendicular Gothic. Bath stone. A spectacular composition with good west tower, cast iron tracery to bell openings, and with a rose window of cast iron tracery. The interior burnt out in 1924 and restored by Sir Giles G Scott.

Listing NGR: SO8359476946

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 83594 76946

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Dec-2014 at 03:39:43.