List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1074679

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, BRADGATE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LeicestershireCharnwoodDistrict AuthorityNewtown Linford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-Jun-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 189082

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWTOWN LINFORD BRADGATE ROAD SK 50 NW (North Side) 5/31 Church of All Saints 1.6.66

GV II* Church of C14/15, enlarged C19. Granite and slate rubble stone with Swithland slate roof. W tower with recessed stone spire, nave, C19 N transept, and C19 S porch and chancel. Tower with plinth, 4 bell openings, battlements, 1706 slate sun dial and restored spire. C14/15 W window. Nave has C19 3-bay N arcade of moulded arches on octagonal piers, one arch wider to transept. Right of this arch a C15 carved head label stop. Plain plastered nave roof with 2 tie beams visible. N aisle with 2 small Perp type windows, restored 3-light Perp window in transept with carved head label stops inside. Stone stack NE outside corner. 1915 vestry N of chancel. On S wall 2 C15 2-light windows one over S door and Perp 5-light window with transom, renewed tracery upper lights. Perp 2-light windows either side before chancel arch, c1920 stained glass in S. C19 chancel with open common rafter roof with collar beams and struts. E window reticulated type tracery with 1915 stained glass. Pulpit 1893 and C19 font. Mason's slate ledger stone mounted on W wall and wall monument c1777. On eastern tie beam hangs late C18 3 arch screen with royal and earl's arms in gable and earl's coronets as pendant finials.

Listing NGR: SK5220709782

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 52207 09782

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2014 at 01:00:46.