List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HALL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1074243

Location

HALL FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LeicestershireHinckley and BosworthDistrict AuthoritySutton Cheney

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 22-Oct-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Oct-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 188105

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SUTTON CHENEY SK40 SW MAIN STREET (South East Side)

5/109 Hall Farmhouse (formerly listed as The Hall) 22.10.52

GV II*

Farmhouse. Early C17 with Victorian Wing. Brick with stone dressings and plain tiled roofs. Facade to street comprises two gables, that to left a Victorian addition in the style of the original. The right hand gable has 5-light stone mullioned and transomed windows, with 3-lights to attic. Stone plinth, angle quoins and continuous moulded string courses which form drip moulds to ground and first floor windows throughout. All windows have ovolo moulding. Coped gable with flat flanking parapet. Garden front is a long range of four bays, with 3-light mullioned and transomed windows throughout, though two lower windows retaining their architraves, have lost their original mullions and transoms. Renewed central doorway. Right hand bay is separated by a projecting stack. Entrance now in Victorian wing to north east, behind this, the back of the original range is visible, much repaired brickwork and a date stone re-sited from a garden wall, 1601 with the initials WR. Inside the original staircase survives, with turned balusters and full height squared newel.

Listing NGR: SK4182700516

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 41827 00516

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2012. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100019088.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2012. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Apr-2014 at 04:06:35.