List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH

List entry Number: 1070418

Location

GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH, THREE ELM LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
KentTonbridge and MallingDistrict AuthorityHadlow

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Feb-1990

Date of most recent amendment: 17-May-2000

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 179538

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HADLOW

TQ 64 NW THREE ELM LANE 1694/6/102 GOLDEN GREEN 19-FEB-90 Golden Green Mission Church

II



Church, also used as a community hall. Erected c1914 either as a new structure or reusing existing buiding from another site. Timber-framed, clad and roofed with corrugated iron, painted green. PLAN: Small chapel on east west axis comprising nave and chancel in the same block. North porch towards the west end. Later C20 kitchen and toilet block in matching materials to rear. EXTERIOR: Front has 3 windows with pointed arched heads containing timber Y- tracery. There is another each end and one more south of the chancel. Gabled porch with 2-centred outer arch containing a plain plank door. Roof is gable- ended. INTERIOR: Four bays. Lined with pine tongue-and-groove planking with plain pine trusses.with three tiers of purlins and ridgepiece and iron supports. HISTORY: Kelly's Directory of Kent of 1891 mentions the "iron church at Golden Green in connection with the parish church" but Golden Green Mission Church was not erected until after 1914 when the land was gifted to the vicar and churchwardens of Hadlow by the local landowner Mr Osim d'Avigdor Goldsmid of Somerhill for use as the site for a church. Since the mid 1970s it has also been used as a community hall.







Listing NGR: TQ6457348176

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory of Kent, (1891)

National Grid Reference: TQ 63764 48252

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2014 at 04:09:20.