List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1064141

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireWest LindseyDistrict AuthorityFaldingworth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196879

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 08 SE FALDINGWORTH CHURCH LANE

3/7 Church of 30.11.66 All Saints

II

Parish church. C14 and 1890 rebuilding by Hodgson Fowler. Coursed limestone rubble and ashlar, shingled and plain tiled roofs with stone coped gables. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch, north aisle and vestry. The C14 2 stage tower in coursed limestone rubble has a tall ground stage with a plinth separatedfrom the belfry stage by a string course. Above is a broach spire clad in shingles. The south side of the tower has a square chamfered light with re-used cusped tracery. Above is a clock with a brass plate recording its erection in 1897. The belfry stage has 4 re-used paired C14 ogee headed lights with hood moulds and recut label stops. The west window is a C19 ogee light and above is a square light with C19 tracery. The north aisle, nave and chancel are in ashlar, and were rebuilt in C19. The west wall of the north aisle has a single light, in the north wall are 3 sets of paired lights. The vestry has further paired lights and a shouldered door. The east chancel window is of 3 lights with 3 quatrefoils over. A foundation stone dated "1890" is set beneath the window. The chancel south wall has 2 recut early C14 geometric windows with trilobe heads, trefoils, hood moulds and label stops. The south wall of the nave has a pair of 2 light C19 windows. The gabled south porch has a pointed moulded doorway without capitals. Interior. The 3 bay Cl9 north arcade has octagonal piers and abaci with double chamfered arches. The responds are engaged wall shafts. The double chamfered tower arch dies to its reveals with no capitals. The chancel arch which incorporates some medieval work has octagonal responds and capitals and a double chamfered arch. The roofs are all arch braced with decorative wind bracing. The fittings are all C19 and include choir stalls, screen, pews and pulpit. The octagonal font is decorated with quatrefoils and roses in the upper panels and is cusped on the underside. The east window has stained glass of Christ in Majesty, dedicated to Charles Cust tiled 1893.

Listing NGR: TF0663684776

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 06636 84776

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Nov-2014 at 04:14:31.