List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN AT MANOR FARM

List entry Number: 1063632

Location

BARN AT MANOR FARM, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
LincolnshireEast LindseyDistrict AuthorityBelleau

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196071

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BELLAU MAIN STREET TF 47 NW (south side) 2/5 Barn at Manor Farm 6.6.52 G.V. II

Originally the hall of a country house, now a barn. Early C16, cut down and altered C18 and C20, reroofed 1904. Red brick in English bond with ashlar dressings, slate roof. Single storey, originally 4 bay front with plinth and one remaining 3 light window with transom and 4 centred arched heads to the lights, concave moulded surround and drip mould. Another window retains the ashlar surround only and a third has a drip mould. 2 windows have brick relieving arches. The rear wall has 5 blocked segmental headed openings and to the right hand end only a chamfered ashlar eaves course survives, otherwise large C20 double doors. At the right hand end is a stepped and coped chimney stack base, and an overbuilt tumbled gable. This represents a small survival of the house of the Lords Willoughby d'Eresby which belonged to Sir Harry Vane after the Civil War. The site is moated.

Listing NGR: TF4025478415

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 40254 78415

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 01-Nov-2014 at 05:29:23.