List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

List entry Number: 1059752

Location

CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
OxfordshireSouth OxfordshireDistrict AuthorityCuxham with Easington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Jul-1963

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Apr-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 248933

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CUXHAM WITH EASINGTON CUXHAM SU69NE 4/87 Cutt Mill and attached 18/07/63 outbuilding (Formerly listed as Cutt Mill including outbuildings)

GV II

Mill and millhouse. Mid C18. Header bond grey brick with red brick dressings, except brick half-bay added to right in late C18; gabled old tile roof; brick right end and rear stacks. 2-unit plan. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Segmental arches over C19 panelled door in moulded wood architrave and 2-light casements except blind window over door. Red brick storey band and dentilled eaves. Two-storey rear range of c.1840, brick with Welsh slate roof. Two-storey mill to left: banded red and flared brick, chalk rubble rear wall; gambrel old tile roof; segmental arches over C19 panelled door in right bay, 2 tall glazed windows and blocked mill race. 2-bay cartshed to left, of weatherboarding, half-hipped old tile roof, braced posts and collar truss with clasped purlins. Interior, not inspected. In the medieval period Cutt Mill ground the manorial corn. (P.D.A. Harvey, A Medieval Oxfordshire Village, Cuxham, 1240-1400, 1965).

Listing NGR: SU6613396166

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Harvey, P D A, A Medieval Oxfordshire Village Cuxham 1240-1400, (1965)

National Grid Reference: SU 66133 96166

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Dec-2014 at 07:06:35.