List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLE, MIXING-HOUSE, GRANARY AND CARTSHED APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF SHEVLOCK FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1054639

Location

STABLE, MIXING-HOUSE, GRANARY AND CARTSHED APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF SHEVLOCK FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
ShropshireUnitary AuthorityRuyton-XI-Towns

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 21-Aug-1986

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Oct-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 256682

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RUYTON-XI-TOWNS C.P. - SJ 32 SE

8/130 Stable, mixing-house, - granary and cartshed approx. 50m east of 21.8.86 Shelvock Farmhouse (formerly listed as Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed, Shelvock Farm)

GV II*

Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed. Mid-to late C17, extended to left in 1860 (datestone). Square and coursed sandstone blocks, on plinth to C17 part, with angle quoins. Slate roof: Stables to right, part conver- ted to cowhouses in C20, and cartshed, tackroom, mixing-house with granary over to left. 2 levels. C17 part has segmental-headed boarded doors to left, right and centre with chamfered 2-light mullion window between left and centre doorways. C20 fixed-light windows to either side of right doorway. 2 boarded eaves hatches to centre. C19 addition has chamfered 2-light mullion windows directly below eaves and to ground floor to left and right. Segmental-headed boarded door and wider segmental-arched vehicle entry with boarded double doors between ground-floor windows. Illegible datestone to left gable end said formerly to have had a C17 date. Datestone directly below eaves between 2 mullion windows reads "TB / MBO / 1860". Change of stonework visible to left of centre where 1860 extension was added to C17 block. Interior. C17 part has double-purlin roof in 5 bays with straight windbraces and mixture of collar and tie beam trusses and raking struts from tie beams to principal rafters. C19 part retains many of its original fittings including hoist machinery, wheel and internal gantry in granary over mixing-house and stalls in stable. Shelvock Farmhouse is not included in this list.

Listing NGR: SJ3712324055

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 37123 24055

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Sep-2014 at 02:56:10.