List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DUDDINGTON MILL

List entry Number: 1040112

Location

DUDDINGTON MILL, MILL STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
NorthamptonshireEast NorthamptonshireDistrict AuthorityDuddington-with-Fineshade

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Mar-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 232979

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DUDDINGTON MILL STREET SK9800 (South side) 9/112 Duddington Hill 23/05/67 (Formerly listed as Mill (offices of J.J. Dewhurst (Stamford) Ltd.)) GV II Watermill now offices. Datestones NI MI/TI.1664/SE/John St/1724 and 1793.TS. for Thomas Soden, extended early C19. Squared coursed limestone and red brick with Collyweston slate roof. Irregular L-shape plan. 2 and 3storeys. Elevation to road of 3 bays. Bay to left is gable end with leaded casement to first floor, under wood lintel, and similar casement to second floor, under gauged stone head with keyblock. Centre bay breaks forward, with gable end abutting the road. Leaded casements to first and second floors of gable end, are under wood lintels. Mansard roof with timber framed panel in gable end. Bay to right was the wheel-house. River passes through semi-circular arch. Hipped roof. Reset datestone 1664. The centre bay and wheel house were probably added early C19. Right hand elevation of the wheel-house has 2 leaded casements. Gable at abuttment of wheel-house with main range is tile hung. Elevation to left is a 2-window range of 2-light stone mullion windows, at first floor. Garage doors at ground flour; part of wall is brickwork. Plank door under wood lintel. Range to left has a lower eaves level with 3 Lincolnshire eaves dormers. 2 plank doors under wood lintels. Rear elevation, abutting the river, has some stone mullion windows. Interior not inspected but noted as having no machinery remaining. (RCHH: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p46)

Listing NGR: SK9861400941

Selected Sources

Other
Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire, (1984)

National Grid Reference: SK 98614 00941

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2014 at 09:34:20.