List entry

List entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

List entry Number: 1027708

Location

THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, ARUNDEL ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County District District Type Parish
West SussexArunDistrict AuthorityAngmering

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Sep-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 297694

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 0604 ANGMERING ARUNDEL ROAD 25/56 (west side) 12.10.54 The Parish Church of St GV Margaret (formerly listed under Church Hill)

II*

Chancel, nave with aisles, south porch and west tower. The tower dates from 1507. The remainder was a C13 building, restored and largely rebuilt by S S Teulon in 1852-3.

Listing NGR: TQ0671604361

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 06716 04361

Map


© Crown Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Oct-2014 at 07:49:16.